One of the biggest attributes that is required to obtain any goal or dream is proper vision. If you can see where you are going it will create pull in your life, pulling you towards your dream instead of having to strain to take a step. A vision needs to be so compelling that you will push through and overcome roadblocks and setbacks. The ability to take a punch and keep on going will separate you from the pack.
“Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
Without vision there is death. Death of a dream and when vision is lost for your life, it can result in death of a body. It is important to unite with a vision. If you had vision and lost it, read this. The power of writing out your dream will keep your vision alive and cause it to thrive.
Proverbs 29:18 – Where [there is] no vision, the people perish: but he that keep the law, happy [is] he.
Writing out dreams was God’s idea! In Habakkuk 2:2-3 it says this, “Then the Lord answered me and said: “Write the vision and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it. 3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”
Writing down your dream does these 4 things:
1. Makes it plain. We can make things more confusing than they need to be. Writing out the vision you hear from God will reduce your confusion and make choices easier. Make sure everything aligns with the picture and you will see your dream come about.
2. Speeds you up. Writing down your dream will pull you toward it. It is as if the writing helps your belief in what God has said. It is a way we agree and say, “Yes Lord.” Write out your dream and you will hit a whole new level of hustle and working your face off. Uniting with God by agreeing in writing will put rocket fuel in the chase.
3. Shows what is ahead. By writing down your dream you are agreeing and uniting with the dream giver. He gives us these dreams to give us extra motivation when things are rough. When the pain seems overwhelming and the rejection is all around us, it is the written dream that gets us back off the mat. Writing your dream will help you to carry on.
4. Gives patience. God is never late, but He isn’t early either. Man I wish He was early sometimes. When you look at your dream in writing, it will restore your faith both in God and in what He has said. What God promises, He delivers! Sometimes we have to wander through a desert and continue to trust God. At the correct appointed time He will be faithful to bring it about. Writing out your vision will give you patience when the road is long.
Write out what you feel God is speaking to you. Keep what you wrote in a place that you can look at it often. On this journey you will want a constant reminder through the highs and lows of what God said. You will be amazed at what following God’s example will do for your life. Your eyes will be opened as you trust Him and His timing. Be blessed on your journey.
Have you written out your vision?
* If you enjoyed this article, share it with someone you think would benefit.