When my oldest child was born I started to ask questions that led me down this path of writing and speaking to go along with my two pizza restaurants. It was the question of legacy. If you have a family, I am sure that part of the process to pursue your dream is this thought of legacy. I asked questions like, why am I on this earth? I believe it is to restore significance to others. Today’s post is going to be to my two daughters. Here are 5 things I want my daughters to know.
1. God loves you. As your daddy I want you to know first and foremost before anything else that the God of this universe made you. You were put on this earth at this time for a reason. He made you and His love for you is something you cannot earn, but is freely given to you.
Embrace God’s love and walk with your head high.
2. Daddy loves you. I love you so much. I prayed for you before you were born and cried the day your mommy gave birth to you. You have me wrapped around your finger and I wouldn’t want it any other way. I would die for you and hope that even more than that I would live for you. When you fall down I will pick you up and when you do something great I will cheer you on. You will not like me sometimes, but the things you don’t like are there to protect you.
You don’t need to earn my love. I freely and openly love you with all my heart.
3. Don’t try and be equal. In this society people will tell you that you are equal to a man. Don’t cheat yourself; you are made a woman. You are not equal, you are not better, and you are not worse. You are a powerful woman who can change the world. Don’t squabble for scrapes of equality when you are meant to be fully a woman.
Embrace your femininity and be a world changer.
4. No man will make you happy. I would love for you to marry someday. The thing that I want you to remember whether you get married or not is that no man is meant to make you happy. Don’t put the power of your happiness in a person’s hands. It is not fair to you and it is not fair to another to put that pressure on them.
Happiness is a mindset; there will be pain in this life, but how you look at it will help you to be happy on your life journey.
5. Be unashamed. Don’t wear a mask. God made you for a reason. Embrace who you are. Dance like no one is watching and sing loudly. I love your strengths and I love your weaknesses. You are not perfect, however, you are perfect to me. Walk with your head high in the uniqueness of you.
Whatever this life throws at you, you are made strong in God.
I will do my best to point the way to God and love you more than any dad can. I will teach you so much, but more than anything I never want you to forget that daddy loves you Zoe and Hope. Keep being the strong, adventurous, pioneer little girls that I see.
What is one thing you want your daughter or son to know?