I have sat here and worked on my opening paragraph for about an hour trying to figure out what to write about. The thing that keeps me going is passion. I would love to get paid to speak and write but if that was the reason behind my actions I would have stopped by now. What are you passionate about? This is the only thing that will keep you going when everyone else quits. Life is not a straight line. There are ups and downs. Your dream will take more time and energy than you ever thought possible. Some days you will want to throw in the towel so you need the passion behind you to keep you going. These 5 things will keep your passion alive to achieve your dreams!
1. Have a routine. I hate routine but the truth is we need one. I am writing this because I routinely post on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s. So I am staying up late simply to get this ready for Tuesday morning. Growth comes when we push through the hard times. It is easy to write when inspiration hits, but to grind it out is what the pros do.
“The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.”~ Mike Murdock
2. Greater calling. You need the greater why behind it all. Writing to hopefully write books someday is not going to cut it. I write to inspire and change people’s lives. Now that keeps me up writing. To restore and encourage growth that is what brings me alive. Think about it. What is your great calling?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ~ Oscar Wilde
3. Be yourself. I am not you and you are not me. Be yourself in your unique gifting. If you are trying to be someone you are not, you are going to be to tired and worn. Be yourself so you can chase after what is really in your heart. Stop wearing a mask.
4. Exercise. We all need it. Make it a priority. I get almost all of my creative ideas when I run. This is a must in my life. If you haven’t exercised in a while start slowly. To give you some hope, I couldn’t run a quarter mile without stopping two years ago and in the fall I ran my first marathon (26.2miles). You can do it!
“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” ~ Jim Rohn
5. Eat healthy. I struggle in this area the most. What we eat is fueling our bodies. Eat meals that give you energy, not ones that take the energy out of you. It takes more time but it’s worth it. Let’s make a pact to change one eating habit this week.
I hope these quick tips help you to have a greater level of passion so you can do what you are called to do. Change is not easy, so focus on your passion and change the little behaviors. In time these little changes will change your life!