Anytime you are pushing toward a vision for your life you will face adversity and flat-out opposition. There will be challenges both inside your mind and externally. The question is, how will you respond? When these things come in our path we will react like a honey badger or an opossum. An opossum when scared often times plays dead. If I just lay here maybe I won’t be touched. Maybe the opposition will go away if I do nothing. The honey badger is quite different. It is aggressive and it doesn’t really matter how big the attack, it goes on the offense. These 5 things make us like a honey badger pushing through adversity to see our vision.
10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10
1. Know who you are. Well, Ephesians 2:10 kind of sums it up. You have a mission. Don’t let doubt, circumstances, or other people stop you. You have strengths and weaknesses. Be comfortable in your own skin.
2. Exercise. Exercise changes how we feel. It gives confidence and a boldness. When I’m exercising I have more endurance and a better mental attitude. It takes a lot more to get me down. When I am not exercising, I tend to be a little too sensitive to everything in this world.
3. Scripture. It is not enough to say, “Don’t think negative.” We need to replace the detrimental thinking with positive things such as scripture. Here are a few verses for you to look up: Romans 8:37, Philippians 4:19, 1 Peter 2:9 and Deuteronomy 28:13. These are just a few verses that get me in a positive state of mind.
4. Positive people. I made a decision a while ago that has helped me tremendously. I don’t allow people with stinking thinking in my inner circle. That’s not to say all of my friends are positive but the ones close to me are. I don’t have the energy to be close to people who are dragging me down. It is like carrying around ankle weights.
5. Write the dream down. Write the dream everywhere. If you truly believe that you will achieve the dream, other people’s opinion and your own self-doubt matters less and less. Until then convince yourself through seeing it. When I was training for my first marathon, I had the date of the race written in a lot of places. It became a given.
Learn more about writing dreams and goals down here.
These are just 5 things that help me with my tenacity. These turn me from playing dead to being fully alive! Don’t rock vanilla to the grave. Be special; turn and fight for that which is worth fighting for.
Learn more about achieving your dreams here.
What are ways in which you fight opposition?